(Available on v3.3, to be released on 7 March)
Serial numbers are important for any business that is interested in quality inventory management. One of the main benefits is to have the ability to trace the movement/lifecycle of all the items on their journey through the business. Inventory items can now be assigned with unique or multiple serial numbers. This feature is now enhanced to enable serial numbers and expiration tracking too.
*Step-by-step guide below, Click here to skip the intro.
Before we get started, let's get the understanding of these functions better.
- When turned on, the serial number & expiry date can be used for all inventory products.
- When turned off, the serial number & expiry date won't be shown on the inventory products.
Track Serial Number & Expiry Date in Sales Invoices
- When turned on, the serial number & expiry date will be shown in the sales entry, and the user cannot track the serial number manually in the respective product's Serial Number & Expiry Date section.
- When turned off, the serial number & expiry date will be not shown in the sales entry, and the user cannot track the serial number manually in the respective product's Serial Number & Expiry Date section.
Unique Serial Number
- When turned on, the user cannot have the same serial number set.
- When turned off, the user can have the same serial number set.
How to activate this function?
From the Financio dashboard, navigate to the Inventory settings tab under the control panel.
At the Inventory settings page, switch on the respective toggles based on your preferred setting and hit save.
Serial Number assignment, (How to Use?)
There are 2 methods to assigning/using serial numbers on your item.
- Product & Services
- Sales Invoices
1. Products & Services
Navigate to Products & Services List from the top menu bar. Select view on at the item list.
On the Item edit page, click on Serial Number & Expiry Date.
Turn on the relevant option to turn on serial number tracking on Invoices.
To add Serial number with expiry for new stock received, simply click on the "Add New Serial Number", fill in the Receive Item No./Bill No from the drop-down, key in preferred Serial Number, Quantity, and Expiry Date. Then save the item, and add the overall amendments to the product by clicking on the blue save button.
2. Sales Invoice
*Note - You will only be able to track serial number if the inventory tracking is switched on.
To begin, open a new invoice creation from the sales tab on the top menu.
After filling in all the necessary information about your customer. You will be able to select the serial number when an item with serial number tracking is selected.
Complete the Invoice columns as per normal and hit save and let Financio handle the rest for you.