Transaction - Journal
Please advise how to input the following transactions in the journal:
1) Sold tyre for cash RM 4000.
2) Sold tyre to John RM 5000.
Should I categorise the sales as income or just as cash in current asset?
Hi Chong Cheng Sing,
Financio does the double-entries for you. Based on your example:
"Sold tyre to John RM 5000."
You may use the deposit function to record this if you are not issuing an invoice.
1) Select the contact "John" under Payment From.
2) Payment Method in this example would be Cash.
3) The cash received will be placed in my Cash on Hand account which is selected in the Deposit To field.
4) Finally, under the Item Lines, select either the product or services sold or the category you'd like to have this income recorded in. In this example, we'll use a general Sales Income category.
5) Lastly, select Save & Approve.
If you need to review how this is recorded, you may select the Show Journal Entries option found on the top right corner
In this example, you'll see that based on your inputs, Financio Debits: Cash on Hand; Credits: Sales Income.
Hope this helps!
Travis Tai - Community ManagerComment actions
Please sign in to leave a comment.