These release notes describe the features of CONNECT mobile app.
CONNECT is a new mobile app specially built for Financio Premium users. With this mobile app, users can now access their business accounting data in Financio, anytime, anywhere.
CONNECT is free for all Financio Premium users.
CONNECT mobile app is a role-based mobile app. Each user can be assigned specific roles to ensure they only access the relevant data allowed.
e.g: During configuration of CONNECT Mobile Role in Financio, tick the “Sales Person” check box when assigning a user its role. This user will not be able to access accounting data via CONNECT mobile app.
All role-based user configuration needs to be set on Financio before users can access CONNECT. This is a one-time setup process, and it’s easy.
CONNECT mobile app is FREE for all active Financio Premium users. As long as your Financio Premium account is still valid, you should be able to enjoy this powerful mobile app anytime, anywhere.
There are 5 main modules on CONNECT mobile app:
- Dashboard: For users assigned to the “Supervisor” role.
- Sales: For users assigned to the “Sales Person” role.
- Purchases: For users assigned to the “Procurement” role.
- Accounting: For users assigned to the “Accountant” role.
- Contacts: For users assigned to the “Contact” role.
In the Dashboard module, users can view all relevant business data at a glance.
- Today’s Cashflow - shows the updated cashflow information up to today’s date. The cashflow amount is pulled from the total bank account balance and cash on hand (Bank/Cash equivalents).
- Overdue - shows the total amount of all outstanding invoices (from the first day of the company).
- Invoices – shows the total sales invoice amount from the first day of the month up to the month's current date (generated date).
- Bills – shows the total purchases bill from the first day of the month up to the month's current date (generated date).
- Expense Accounts and Income Accounts – shows the current total amount for each account for the last 90 days (T-90). All accounts under expenses and incomes will be shown here.
In the Sales module, users with the Sales Person role can record any sales transaction anytime, anywhere. They can now create a sales record at a cafe after closing a deal with a customer. These transactions recorded via CONNECT will be synchronized with your Financio database.
Below are the supported sales transactions in this module:
- Create a new invoice.
- Edit an existing invoice.
- Void an existing invoice.
- Duplicate an existing invoice.
- Request a Credit Note from Accountant.
- Create credit note (If you have been assigned both the Sales Person and Accountant roles)
- Create a new quote.
- Edit an existing quote.
- Void an existing quote.
- Duplicate an existing quote.
In the Purchases module, users assigned with the Procurement role can record any purchases transaction anytime, anywhere via CONNECT. Bills can be created offsite via CONNECT, it will synchronize with your Financio database.
Below are the supported purchase transactions in this module:
- Create a new bill.
- Edit an existing bill.
- Void an existing bill.
- Duplicate an existing bill.
- Request for debit note from Accountant
- Create a debit note (If you have been assigned both the Procurement and Accountant roles)
- Create a new purchase order.
- Edit an existing purchase order.
- Void an existing purchase order.
- Duplicate an existing purchase order.
In the Accounting module, users assigned with the Accountant role can now access to accounting data remotely via CONNECT.
Below are the supported accounting transactions in this module:
- Record new deposit, withdrawal, journal, and transfer.
- Edit existing deposit, withdrawal, journal, and transfer.
- Delete existing deposit, withdrawal, journal and transfer.
- Duplicate existing deposit, withdrawal, journal and transfer.
- Review all Credit Note (CN) and Debit Note (DN) requests by users assigned with Sales Persons and Procurement roles on MY-TO-DO list.
In the Contacts module, you can manage your customers and suppliers contact information, just like how you would on Financio. You can create a new contact, edit an existing contact, or even sync a contact list from your mobile device to CONNECT.
- Create a new contact - You can create a new contact as Business or Person (Individual).
- Edit an existing contact – Changes on customers contact number? No worries, just update it on CONNECT, it will automatically synchronize with Financio too.
- Sync customers and suppliers - Have a long list of new customers and new suppliers contact details stored on your mobile device? Say goodbye to manual update of individual contact details. You can now sync them by choosing it as customer or supplier contact list at one go, it is fast and time saving.
- Integrated with GPS app - As long as there is a valid address maintained in the address field, the GPS app will be turned on when you tap the GPS icon on that contact.
- Integrated with phone dialer - You can now click and make a phone call directly from CONNECT, no more switching screen back and forward with your default phone dialer screen on your mobile device.
- Integrated with email app - As long as there is a valid email address maintained in the email address field, your email app will be turned on when you tap the email icon on that contact.
Android version 4.4 to Android version 10.0.