Note: If you're viewing on the support chat widget, we recommend you click the expand icon on the top right corner, for better viewing experience.
If you are setting up GST at a later time after your initial 7-steps business setup, you will find this article useful. it will guide you to activate the pre-configured Malaysian GST on Financio in just a few steps.
Before configuring Singapore GST on Financio, you may want to visit the following resources for more clarification:
If you are running a GST registered business in Singapore, then you will find this article useful, it will guide you to activate the pre-configured Singapore GST on Financio in just a few steps.
- Click on Control Panel at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Click on Taxes.
- Click the + button on the bottom right.
- Click on Type and select GST.
- Select the Start Date, when your business becomes tax registered and start collecting tax from your customers.
- Update the Filing Frequency(where applicable).
- The standard procedure is to file GST returns every 3 months (quarterly). While you may request for monthly or half-yearly filing instead, this is subject to the Comptroller’s approval.
- Click Save and you have already activated Singapore GST on Financio.
Do note that the quarterly or monthly tax filing record will be automatically generated by the system as soon as you start creating transactions during a tax period. Last updated on June 1, 2016